Well as you know, I am on a mission to help women of all ages fall in love with health and fitness, and a big part of this (in my opinion) involves promoting (and providing) a balanced timetable of classes.
I don’t timetable high intensity training everyday, because I don’t think you should be doing high intensity training everyday. I timetable workouts that incorporate a balanced mixture of muscles groups, movement types, intensities, fitness components and exercise equipment. Yoga is going to be a great addition to our timetable….
….because Yoga is a great compliment to our workouts, and can help you maintain a healthy balance with your health and fitness!
So without further ado, let me know introduce you to our resident Yogi – Avril!
“….it was the medicine that I needed to bring equilibrium back to my mind and body”
My Yoga Practice deepened after becoming a mother and finding the practice of mindfulness combined with the movement that we get with modern yoga was the medicine that I needed to bring equilibrium back to my mind and body.
My 3 Hart’s allowed me to explore yoga practice with them and I enjoyed our time messing around and finding happiness with kid’s yoga. I decided to enrol in a Yoga teaching course that offered kids yoga as well as Hatha and Vinyasa as part of their teachings, with my goal in mind to become a Children’s Yoga Teacher. During my learning I realised how joyful and rewarding teaching to adults could be, especially when I was privileged enough to teach the inspiring members of Kids Cancer Support Group.
Over the last 3 years I love the little community vibe we have created with my classes in Bayswater, WA. Currently you can find me teaching yoga classes at 3 venues in Bayswater & Maylands: Bayswater Tennis Club on Murray St in Bayswater; in the gardens at Ellis House on Milne St in Bayswater; and at The Mindful Space at 91 Eighth Avenue, Maylands.
“Often, I hear that people feel too intimidated to begin yoga either they feel like they are not fit or flexible enough”
My dream is to provide the community of Maylands and its surrounds a safe space to explore the benefits of modern yoga. Often, I hear that people feel too intimidated to begin yoga either they feel like they are not fit or flexible enough. Maybe they are unsure as to what spiritual experience they may get. My goal is to provide a safe space for all to feel comfortable and confident to find how yoga will work for them within their body. Mindful, movement minus the spiritual stuff – I believe your spiritual journey is yours to have and will not impose any personal ideals.
My Yoga learning journey will never end, I have completed my Yin Yoga qualification appreciating the art of growth through the practice of stillness of body and mind. I also have begun to explore the therapy side of yoga, strongly believing that yoga provides us with a high level of care that is required when going through times of trauma. I have completed further studies on Yoga for cancer wellness and palliative care and look forward to delving deeper into this side of yoga teaching.
Offering to BUF Girls
Current BUF Members* are invited to join Avril (spaces limited) at the following classes. You can book in as per normal via the MINDBODY website or app.
- Tuesday 9.30-10.30am – YOGA SCULPT: Fast paced Yoga flow practice with weights, sliders and resistance bands.
- Tuesday 6.30-7.30pm – FLOW YOGA: Classic Vinyasa style flow yoga class, medium to fast paced yoga practice linking postures together in a creative flow.
- Thursday 9.30-10.30am – BODY POSITIVE YOGA: This is for those who like a little extra support and time for their yoga practice, we do all the moves just in a safe and supported way for your body.
- Thursday 6.30-7.30pm – FLOW YOGA: Classic Vinyasa style flow yoga class, medium to fast paced yoga practice linking postures together in a creative flow.
- Thursday 7.40-8.40pm – YIN YOGA: A still, meditative practice where seated yoga postures are held for 2-5mins to allow a deep stretch in body and mind. You will be guided gently through each posture taking time to experience the sensations felt. A great addition to a hectic lifestyle.
*This offer is not available to those on the INTRO OFFER.
Ready to feel Beautiful, Unstoppable and Fearless?
Start with a one-on-one consult and two weeks unlimited access to our timetable of classes for just $25. Find out more here.