As part of our Take 5 For Body and Mind Initiative I interviewed Sleep Scientist (and total BUF Girl) Sarah Hull. I took so many great take aways from this chat – things like why routine is queen, why our bedrooms need to be our sanctuary, why cutting back on caffeine after lunch is a great idea, how meditation before bed can be seriously simple, how keeping a journal next to your bed can both help and hinder sleep…. and HEAPS more. Seriously worth a listen ladies!
What do we chat about in this interview?
- 2.00min – Diagnosable conditions versus bad sleep habits.
- 2.12min – How common sleep conditions actually!
- 3.06min – What a lack of sleep can look or feel like
- 4.20min – How lack of sleep can impact our hunger hormones (which in turn impacts our weight loss efforts)
- 5.00min – How lack of sleep can cause us to run on ‘auto pilot’
- 6.00min – Make your bedroom your sanctuary
- 6.40min – Routine is queen (your bedtime AND daytime routine)
- 10.40min – The importance of filling your cup first!
- 12.00min – Meditation can help (and how meditation is perhaps not what you think it is)
- 13.40min – It should take you 7-20mins to fall asleep. Anything quicker or longer is a red flag!
- 15.00min – Keeping a journal next to your bed can help, or hinder sleep!
- 15.40min – What about your daytime routine?
- 16.00min – Coffee is ok, but….
- 18.50min – Body temp matters + tips for those exercise after 7pm
- 19.40min – Sarah summarises everything she’s discussed
- 21.00min – Our Take 5 For Body and Mind challenge explained!!
Ready to awaken your best? Try these three habit swaps!
- Swap night time phone scrolling… for reaching, stretching, breathing exercises, meditation, journalling
- Start your bedtime routine 30mins before bed
- Swap after lunch caffeine hit(s)… for a class of water, caffein free herbal tea, a walk or a stretch.
A little reminder…. change can be tough!
READY TO FEEL BEAUTIFUL, UNSTOPPABLE AND FEARLESS?
Start with a one-on-one consult and two weeks unlimited access to our timetable of classes for just $25. Or if you need a little extra kick to get started, check out our four week KICKSTARTER PROGRAM!
Pin this for later