Buddah Bowl, Super Bowl, Green Brekky Bowl….. I love them all! I quite often order a ‘bowl’ of some sort when I’m out for brekky or brunch. Three of my fav local cafes for Brekky Bowl goodness are Finlay and Sons in Inglewood, ’60 On Walter’ in Bedford and Lot Six Zero in Yokine!
But I don’t always head out to grab a green brekky bowl… I often just whip one up at home! I choose one delicious ingredient from each step below (except step 2, I choose 3-4 of these). Its pretty much a never ending range of recipes – just mix and match to suit your tastes!
Step 1: Pick your protein
- Egg – poached or boiled
- Chick peas
Step 2: Beautiful veggies
Choose 3-4 of your favourites…
- Tomatos (Sundried or fresh)
- Red cabbage
- Roasted pumpkin
- Roasted sweet potato
- Roasted beetroot
Step 3: Unstoppable carbs
Half a cup is a good portion size…
- Brown rice
- Sourdough, Rye, wholegrain bread etc
Step 4: A little bit of crunch
- Flaked almonds
- Sunflower seeds
- Pepitas (Pumpkin seeds)
Step 5: Fearless flavour
- Pickled veggies (ie. carrots, capsicum, radish)
- One of our 6 healthy dressings
- Smoked paprika
- Squeeze of lemon
- Fresh Herbs
- Dash of Hot Sauce
A go-to of mine….
Here’s a brekky bowl I often make at home:
- Boiled Egg sliced (boil a few eggs on Sunday as part of food prep)
- Roasted Sweet Potato and pumpkin (roasted on Sunday as part of food prep), Cucumber, tomato, spinach leaves and Avocado (as these are veggies I try to always ‘keep in stock’)
- Couscous (half a microwave steamed couscous bag)
- Sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- Pickled carrots (will share recipe soon!)
READY TO FEEL BEAUTIFUL, UNSTOPPABLE AND FEARLESS?
Start with a one-on-one consult and two weeks unlimited access to our timetable of classes for just $25. Find out more here.
PIN THIS FOR LATER