We’re coming up to a time of year when things get busy and oh-so-social! Keep your lunch on point so you can slay your day and maintain a little balance, with energy boosting antioxidants from plant foods, stress-busting healthy fats, and metabolism loving proteins.
Check out these easy, healthy lunch ideas for work to boost your energy & help you stay focused!!
In a bowl, mash together 2 boiled eggs and 1/2 avocado. Season with a little salt and pepper. Spread the egg and avocado mixture onto the bread and top with tomato, rocket/greens and, if you like, some chilli flakes.
My dinner leftovers at this Summery time of year are quite often a meat and salad, or meat and steamed veggie type dish. When I’m planning (and prepping) dinners, I’m also thinking ‘how can I use leftovers for lunch’…. because I much prefer to “cook once, eat twice” then have to prepare a million meals each week (Who’s got time for that? Not me!)
A super easy lunch option is throwing a few leftovers into a container and packing a wrap with you (and if I’m being brutally honest, I always pack cheese, and/or avocado…. because, cheese and avocado are life). If your work is fancy enough to have a sandwich press, whack it in there for some lightly toasted goodness.
I’m a big fan of roasting up a heeaaappp of veggies on Sunday and then using them to create rainbow bowls during the week. I’ll often also add a fresh (uncooked) veg or two like tomato, cucumber, capsicum, corn, rocket or avocado.
The combos pictured above are were from Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday last week:
- Roasted Broccolini, Beans, Mushrooms and Chicken. Plus sun dried tomato.
- Fried brussel sprouts and bacon. Roasted snow peas and chicken. Plus corn.
- Roasted Broccoli, snow peas and mushrooms. Plus tomato and capsicum.
I’ll often also have a slice of bread or rice cracker with avocado ‘on the side’…. depends how hungry I am.
Ultimate Brain Boost Lunch
So this is a recommendation from the world’s top experts on health and longevity on what exactly to eat for the ultimate brain boost! All you have to do is fill your plate with three things: wild caught seafood, something dark green and leafy, plus some dark berries or other dark and antioxidant-rich food.
One of these would do the trick:
- Salmon on a bed of spinach or mixed leaves. Plus a handful of blueberries for after.
- Sardines with chopped, steamed greens like broccoli, asparagus, kale, all drizzled with black tahini and a squeeze of lime juice
- Or a vegan option; a scoop of BUF Girls Protein Powder, with a serve of super-greens containing quality algae like spirulina/chlorella (try Good Green Stuff) and a handful of frozen berries. Blitz and enjoy!
READY TO SAY YES TO MORE OF WHAT YOU LOVE IN LIFE?
Start with a one-on-one consult and two weeks unlimited access to our timetable of classes for just $25. Find out more here.
Pin this for later